The Peer-to-Peer (P2P) strategy, whether at a grassroots or major gift level, has always been at the heart of successful fundraising efforts. With the rise of 24/7 connectivity, social media and smartphone technology, Peer-to-Peer campaigns are more prevalent than ever, offering the ability to engage supporters, attract new donors, and build your brand through exciting events, giving days, and special campaigns.
But before any fundraising campaign is launched, you must put the proper technical framework in place. Keep in mind that there are in fact multiple parties who are integral to the success of any P2P fundraising process including: The Charitable Organization; The Fundraisers; and The Donors. The ideal P2P platform can be customized to ensure that you are providing the product, process and support that each party requires.
The following will help provide an overview about the unique considerations for each group.
Your Charitable Organization requires:
- A robust, well designed, donor-centric and easy to use fundraising management system.
- Performance, value, reliability and security.
- Real-time performance analytics that track supporters, fundraising milestones and web traffic.
- A unique domain (website) that is fully customized and styled for the individual event or campaign, maintaining the brand’s look and feel.
- Easy campaign set up and management, with back end support for trouble shooting.
Your Fundraisers require:
- An easy registration process and simple set up for personal and team pages.
- The option for fundraisers to upload their e-mail address books and add contacts individually for personal solicitation.
- Ability to easily customize personal pages with unique messaging, photos and video.
- A secure channel for supporters to sponsor or donate at any time.
- Ability to easily share their personal pages via social media channels.
- A one-site fundraising platform to avoid shuffling back and forth between websites.
Your Donors require:
- Optimization for desktop and mobile.
- A simple and easy to use data entry form.
- Ability to choose whether their donation is publicly displayed.
- An opt-in for future communication from the organization.
- An automatically generated electronic tax receipt.
These lists are not exhaustive, but they do illustrate the customized and multi-tiered approach that a premium P2P platform will provide. When you employ the right technical framework, and keep the needs of each consumer in mind, you will ensure a superior user experience and optimize your fundraising results.
Continue to follow our P2P series where the next instalment will highlight how to put your campaign plan into action including:
- Igniting your board and stakeholders
- Providing the right tools to your fundraisers
- Thanking and retaining your donors